Following on from the NVIDIA Beta 495.29.05 earlier this month, today NVIDIA has a fresh 495.44 stable driver release that builds upon it with some additional extras. This is the big one for Wayland fans, since it now works with the GBM API.
With this API now hooked up, it should mean a better Wayland experience and it's something that the KDE Plasma team are already working on supporting too.
You will also find in this release an indicator (on supported desktops) for showing Resizable BAR and the minimum Kernel version got bumped from 2.6.32 to 3.10. Additionally these new extensions are supported:
There's also a healthy dose of bug fixes and other changes noted below:
- Fixed a bug that could cause the X server to crash when starting a new server generation on PRIME configurations.
- Removed support for NvIFROpenGL. This functionality was deprecated in the 470.xx driver release.
- Removed libnvidia-cbl.so from the driver package. This functionality is now provided by other driver libraries.
- Updated nvidia.ko to load even if no supported NVIDIA GPUs are present when an NVIDIA NVSwitch device is detected in the system. Previously, nvidia.ko would fail to load into the kernel if no supported GPUs were present.
- Fixed a bug in the Vulkan driver where unused input attributes to a vertex shader would corrupt the interpolation qualifiers for the shader.
- Fixed a bug in the Vulkan driver where individual components of barycentric inputs could not be read.
- Fixed a bug where VK_NVX_binary_import was advertised as supported on unsupported platforms. This caused calls to vkCreateDevice to fail if applications attempted to enable VK_NVX_binary_import on such platforms.
- Added a new command line option, "--no-peermem", to nvidia-installer.Selecting this option prevents the installation of the nvidia-peermem kernel module.
- Fixed a regression which prevented DisplayPort and HDMI 2.1 variable refresh rate (VRR) G-SYNC Compatible monitors from functioning correctly in variable refresh rate mode, resulting in issues such as flickering.
- Fixed a bug that can cause a kernel crash in SLI Mosaic configurations.
Since this is a stable driver release all users should be okay to upgrade.