For those of you who love the taste, Linux Mint has a new Beta version available for testing the next major release. Linux Mint 20.3 'Una' is available with multiple desktop environments. With the ability to download with Cinnamon, MATE and Xfce out of the box, there's plenty to like about it.
The look and feel of Linux Mint has been tweaked with this release to have larger titlebar buttons, rounded corners and an overall "cleaner" theme with better dark mode support. Accent colouring to grab your attention in places was also adjusted, and removed from some places. There's also the ability for some applications to have a dark theme while the desktop keeps its lighter theme. Only a few applications currently support this mixed theming.
Other changes include:
- Searching in the Sticky Notes app.
- A new Document Manager called Thingy.
- Hypnotix IPTV player gained a search feature.
- Multi-calendar events support in the Cinnamon Calendar.
- Workspace switcher applet: Option to disable scrolling.
- Notification applet: Option to hide the counter.
- Window list applet: Option to remove labels.
- Xreader PDF reader received better support for manga.
With this release you're getting Kernel 5.4, a packaging base of Ubuntu 20.04, Flatpak 1.12, linux-firmware 1.187 and depending on what edition you go for there's Cinnamon 5.2, MATE 1.26 and Xfce 4.16.
Once stable and released proper, Linux Mint 20.3 will be supported until 2025.
The announcements can be seen on the Mint Blog.