While Discord continues to not support Linux with their official overlay, there is at least Discover, which helpfully gives you some options to show chatters on your screen. Useful for those of you with a single-screen who want to see who is chatting, plus good for videos / livestreams for viewers to see it too.
Discover Overlay v0.4.0 has these improvements and fixes:
- Added rudimentary support for Gamescope and therefore hopefully the Steamdeck.
- Added Horizontal & icon only voice layout
- Added additional launch flags (settings "-c" and debug "--debug")
- Added settings for enabling/disabling the tray icon (Thanks TastyPi)
- Added a Gentoo section (Thanks NicolaSmanlotto)
- Added option to highlight background when user is speaking (Thanks janwojcicki)
- Fixed crash when user changes avatar
- Fixed issues with not using a compositor
- Fixed custom emojis crashing Discover (Thanks Joshix-1)
- Fixed vertical text centering on the voice overlay (Thanks tyzoid)
- Fixed app icon and status icon to use the same icon name
- Fix for displaying RTL correctly implemented
- Warn if server count is too high and only load some guilds
- + more bug fixes
Check it out on GitHub.