Probably one of the most important creatures on Earth and now you'll be looking after them in APICO on May 20, 2022. Developed by the brotherly duo that is TNgineers, along with publishing from Whitethorn Games, this is the next big cozy indie game you need to keep on your radar.
A peaceful game where you explore, build and take care of nature's precious pollinators. Collect them, breed them and more in a game that combines together elements of resource gathering, biology, and beekeeping minigames, taking ideas from a mix of real-life and fantasy apiculture and floriculture. As you expand, you will be able to find lost species, cross-breed and repopulate various islands. Sounds like a perfect game to cozy up with on a Steam Deck to me.
- Unique crafting & beekeeping minigames that drive gameplay progression
- Cross-breed different bees to discover over 30 new species
- Make and sell honey, Apicola, and other beekeeping products
- Repopulate lost species and release them back into the wild
- Multiple biomes to explore, each with their own unique bee species
- Uncover the forgotten secrets of the APICO islands
- Play together with friends in 4 player online co-op!
Not only does it seem like a wonderful game that I very much enjoyed the demo with, it will also help support the Bees! The developers will be donating a portion of sales towards national and international bee, beekeeping, & wild bee conservation charities. Gotta save the Bees!