A nice little early birthday present for me, Ex-Zodiac is a low-poly 3D rail shooter (think like Star Fox) that now has a release date. It's going to release with Native Linux support on July 21st, following on from the successful Kickstarter campaign back in 2020.
With the initial release it will have 6 main stages and 6 bonus stages, which the publisher said brings "the 80's/90's nostalgia to a new level".
See one of the original trailers below but there's a newer sneak-peak on Twitter:
- A retro, colourful, low-poly visual style
- 12 main levels (plus secret areas and side-paths)
- Multiple routes to complete the game
- Major bosses at the end of each level, each piloted by a member of the Zodiac
- A 16-bit style soundtrack by +TEK combining FM and wavetable synthesis