A few updates later while in Beta and Valve has put out the first Release Candidate for their completely overhauled Steam Mobile App. Having a Release Candidate means they're very close to releasing it for everyone, it just needs a bit more testing to see if any urgent issues appear.
What's they've added recently:
- Improved messaging when asking for camera permissions.
- Fixed pull to refresh in the Library screen not refreshing everything.
- Improved loading states in the Library screen.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when opening links externally.
- Improved behavior of how the app attempts to open non-Steam links in your default device browser.
- Fixed the ability to send multiple "Verify Code" actions when migrating / adding an authenticator, which would end up loading to failures.
- Updated wishlist notifications to open up directly to the wishlisted app page rather than taking you to the wishlist.
- Fix web content sometimes not refreshing properly when attempting to reload the same page multiple times.
- Fixed some non-English languages not always correctly displaying numbers with decimal places.
- Improved the reliability of sign in confirmation dialogs appearing.
- Fixed case for certain users where approving a sign in confirmation would have no effect.
If you wish to try it out before release:
Open this link on your Android device. The Google Play store will offer you a link to join the beta and download the updated app.
Open this link on your iOS device. You'll be prompted to install Apple's own TestFlight app. Once TestFlight is installed, it will automatically install the updated Steam Mobile App. Note: spaces on iOS are limited.