Frictional Games have another Amnesia game coming next year with Amnesia: The Bunker that puts a gun in your hand with a single bullet, and it also features a semi-open world.
In a press release they said "For the first time, players are equipped with high levels of freedom to impact gameplay, choosing their playstyle as they explore at will this semi-open world. With hardly any scripted events, and constant tension brought about by an ever-present threat, it is up to each player to finesse their approach to survival.".
Certainly sounds interesting and a major departure from the previous games with "emergent gameplay and sandbox elements" thrown into the mix. You'll be walking through a dark WWI bunker as a French soldier, armed with a revolver gun and a noisy dynamo flashlight.
- Player choice - emergent gameplay in a sandbox horror survival experience
- Unscripted environment - objects, threats, and resources, change in every playthrough
- Adaptive horrid threats - an ever-present gruesome creature that stalks the player.
- Tactile immersion - all-new levels of interaction with the world through puzzle-solving and tool handling
- Absorbing yet terrifying tale - experience hell on earth in a fictional appalling story
- Engrossing atmosphere and tension - enhanced lighting effects and carefully designed sound effects for a real horror experience.
I reached out to Frictional to see if it will have a Native Linux build like all their previous games, however their official email bounced back and didn't accept it and no reply to a Twitter DM as of yet. So stay tuned. If it doesn't, then hopefully Steam Play Proton will run it nicely.
You can follow it on Steam.
Quoting: LinasPenumbra > Amnesia, change my mind.I had an awesome counterargument, but I can't remember it.
See more from me