After a pretty short testing period, the Valheim: Mistlands update is out now for everyone expanding the great survival game quite a lot.
If you want to see everything it has to offer, especially if you've explored a lot of your world, you will likely need to start on a new map to get the Mistlands to generate.
Some of what's new includes:
New biome – Mistlands:
* New mechanics.
* 9 new creatures + Mistlands boss.
* More than 20 new crafting materials.
* 2 new crafting stations, 3 crafting station extensions, and 3 other resource/crafting constructions.
* 15 new food items.
* 3 new potions.
* More than 25 new craftable items (weapons, armours & tools).
* More than 35 new building/furniture pieces for building, decorating and defending your base.
* New type of dungeon.
* New lore stones.
* New dreams.
* New music.
* Fishing update.
* 12 new emotes.
* 9 new hairstyles and 7 new beard styles.
* Enabled Yule seasonal items (Yule tree, Yuleklapp, Yule wreath, Yule garland and Mistletoe).
Fixes & Improvements:
* Various console command improvements.
* Multiple animations have been updated and improved.
* Multiple VFX have been updated and improved.
* Various other tweaks.
The full spoiler filled changelog can be seen in their announcement.
Guess I know what I'll be doing over the upcoming festive holidays then.
Valheim is available to buy on Humble Store or Steam.
QuoteIf you want to see everything it has to offer, especially if you've explored a lot of your world, you will likely need to start on a new map to get the Mistlands to generate.
Ah damn - who has that much time?
Anyways, I will try a new start I think. But it is a bit annoying, that I have to.
Quoting: slaapliedjeAnyone sort out the mod management on the Steam Deck / Linux?I use r2modman, though I have to start it with --no-sandbox parameter.
See more from me