More weekend goodies from Valve have arrived! Proton 7.0-6 is officially out now, fixing up many bugs like with the EA App and Ubisoft Connect. Pulling over a bunch of changes from Proton Experimental, this is a smaller release mainly aimed at fixing up issues across a bunch of games that appeared over the last few months.
Here's a quick video overview with the full changelog below:
YouTube videos require cookies, you must accept their cookies to view. View cookie preferences.
The full list of changes are:
- Now playable:
- Gotham Knights
- UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection
- Heroes of the Dark
- Super Arcade Racing
- Crazy Machines 3
- King under the Mountain
- 雀姬 (Mahjong ladies)
- Fix Ubisoft Connect launcher failure caused by launcher update.
- Fix Septerra Core hanging on redistributables installation.
- Fix Persona 5 Royal crashing when creating game save data.
- Fix Vampire Survivors intermittent error message.
- Fix Super House of Dead Ninjas, Enemy Mind, and Out There Somewhere frame hitching every few seconds.
- Fix Zeepkist freezing when using controller.
- Fix Overcooked! All You Can Eat being unable to add a second controller-using player.
- Fix Quake III: Arena and Quake III: Team Arena displaying weird texture over the menu.
- Fix the new EA launcher displaying a blank window.
- Fix Marvel Snap not being able connect to online services.
- Fix Microsoft Flight Simulator crashing during longer flights.
- Fix Microsoft Flight Simulator not displaying live traffic.
- Fix Microsoft Flight Simulator not starting after a recent game update.
- Fix Microsoft Flight Simulator crashing when starting next to big cities.
- Fix Sackboy: A Big Adventure failing to start the first time it's launched.
- Fix Spyro Reignited Trilogy playing intro video in a wrong language.
- Fix Jurassic World Evolution 2 bad performance with recent Proton versions.
- Fix multiple monitor support in Project Cars 2 and Project Cars 3.
- Fix Korean not being rendered correctly in Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII launcher.
- Fix multiple languages not rendering correctly in Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.
- Fix Lost Lands: Dark Overlord, Lost Lands: Dark Lord, Lost Lands: Redemption, and Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition crashing when trying to set a wallpaper.
- Fix video playback regression with Chronos: Before the Ashes.
- Improve video playback with OUTRIDERS and ToGather: Island.
- Update wine-mono to 7.4.0.
- Update dxvk-nvapi to v0.6.
All changes can be seen on the official Valve Proton GitHub page.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
I knew it! it was a wrong day to to blow my moonshine kettle that was near the police station. I need something to drink instead of moonshine now. How you can celebrate newest proton release without it. Now I know. I must use more Wine to party with skeletons who are in my closet. It's party time!!!!! Anyway it's great to see proton to "grow up" so fast. Good job and keep it up!
QuoteFix the new EA launcher displaying a blank window.Seems like another weekend installation session of Sims 4 for my daughter is on the horizon.
1 Likes, Who?
See more from me