I'm not big on life sims personally but add creature collecting into the mix? I'm there. Moonstone Island looks sweet. Set in an open world where you have over 100 island to explore, it certain sounds like it's overflowing with content. Make friends, brew potions, collect spirits and go through various card-based encounters.
"Following your village's tradition, you must move to an island in the sky to complete your Alchemy training. Armed with a team of nature spirits, magical potions, and the support of your new friends, you'll explore ancient temples, dangerous dungeons, and hostile biomes to uncover the dark secret of Moonstone Island."
- Befriend NPCs, become a member of the community, go on dates, and fall in love.
- Build a new home on any of the 100+ islands in your procedurally generated world.
- Grow crops and flowers to brew potions and tame spirits.
- Customize and decorate your home to make it uniquely yours.
- Travel by balloon, broom, and glider through unique biomes to reach the outer edges of the world.
- Tame and befriend wild spirits to fight alongside you.
- Discover and explore dungeons to earn upgrades, collect loot and uncover secrets.
- Optimize your character with unique skills and upgrades.
- Craft dozens of items and vehicles to prepare for the treacherous wilderness.
I actually only just discovered this after looking back on Cassette Beasts now it has a release date, as they share the same publisher. The Steam page shows Linux support, and the developer confirmed it too. After scrolling through the info on it and checking out the videos, it didn't take long to sell me on it. Gimme.
You can follow it on Steam.
See more from me