Scandinavia and Finland are a big focus in the newly announced Hearts of Iron IV: Arms Against Tyranny expansion releasing later this year.
Arms Against Tyranny is the latest immersion pack for Hearts of Iron IV, Paradox Interactive's best-selling grand strategy wargame about the years around World War II. In Arms Against Tyranny, you will encounter new alternate histories and National Focus Trees for the nations of Scandinavia and Finland, with a heavy emphasis on the Winter War and Finland's struggle against Soviet invasion.
Features of Hearts of Iron IV: Arms Against Tyranny include:
- New Finnish National Focus Tree: Walk the diplomatic tightrope of a democratic nation trapped between threats, develop a capable defensive army, or pursue alternate historical paths of collaboration with the neighboring tyrants.
- New Swedish National Focus Tree: Resource rich and fiercely independent, Sweden can be the center of a unified Scandinavian resistance, or a game-changing ally in the ongoing battle of ideologies.
- New Danish and Norwegian Focus Trees: With the benefit of hindsight, can you prepare these small nations for the storm of war that is about to wash upon their shores?
- Military Industrial Organizations: Customize your armaments industry by encouraging national corporations to specialize in the types of weapons and technology you desire for your armed forces.
- International Arms Market: Become the quartermaster of the world by selling arms and equipment to the warring nations, receiving civilian factory capacity in return.
- And more: New unit art, 10 new songs, customization of Special Forces units and greater divisional specialization.
You can get a good look at all the improvements coming in their new developer diary. As always it will be accompanied by a free upgrade for all players named Stella Polaris. They're not giving out an exact date anywhere I can see on when it will be released as this is just the initial reveal.
Hearts of Iron IV also just celebrated its 7th anniversary, and clearly it's still going strong with it regularly seeing over 40,000 players on at a time each day making it one of the most popular Paradox games.