Rain Games developer of Teslagrad has just released Girl Genius: Adventures In Castle Heterodyne, an action adventure game based on the graphic novel series, Girl Genius, by authors Phil & Kaja Foglio. This follows the successful Kickstarter campaign for the game in 2020 where they gained $256K in funding.
- Build tools like the Grapple Gun and the Wrencherang at the Workbench, and use your tools to explore and solve the castle’s challenges.
- Discover numerous sights and secrets, by being perceptive and using your tools to the fullest.
- Defeat foes in furious melee combat or with explosive gadgets, and utilize the environment to your advantage using your tools.
- Use your trusty Dingbot minion to explore places Agatha can’t reach, by moving in tight spaces, digging beneath or soaring above danger.
- Use the Dingbot to solve lock puzzles, and operate the internal machinery of the castle.
- As Agatha’s power over the castle grows, command the castle AI to release traps at your foes, and activate mechanisms.
- Use the unique “Build System”, rebuilding scrap traps into objects like the Springclank, Grappleclank and the special Rollerclank, giving the player a suite of tools for creative spatial puzzle solving.
- Interact with several of the fantastic characters from “Girl Genius™”, like Gilgamesh Wulfenbach, Tarvek Sturmvoraus and many others.
- Read the Girl Genius™ graphic novels in the game! Note! This feature is in English only.
Nice to see another crowdfunded title get to a full release, along with the Native Linux support included as well. No Steam Deck rating for the game yet though.