Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
We do often include affiliate links to earn us some pennies. See more here.

Check out your 2023 Year In Review on Steam

By - | Views: 44,083

With 2023 coming to a close Valve have refreshed their Steam Year In Review page, so you can dive in and see everything you did and how it stacks up against others.

It's a rather fancy page that will list how many games you played, how many achievements you unlocked, your most played games, what platforms you played on, the types of games you mostly played and so much more nerdy details that you all love to go over right?

Valve even put up a clearly big-budget trailer for the event too:

YouTube Thumbnail
YouTube videos require cookies, you must accept their cookies to view. View cookie preferences.
Accept Cookies & Show   Direct Link

You can also share your page directly with others, so feel free to drop a link to your own in the comments if that's your sort of thing.

What were your most played games in 2023? Mine very much expectedly were War Thunder and Baldur's Gate 3, although Bloons TD 6 certainly crept up the list for me this year. With a whole lot of my time spent on Steam Deck across various other games like Halls of Torment, Brotato and Dave the Diver.

Article taken from
Tags: Misc, Steam, Valve
About the author -
author picture
I am the owner of GamingOnLinux. After discovering Linux back in the days of Mandrake in 2003, I constantly came back to check on the progress of Linux until Ubuntu appeared on the scene and it helped me to really love it. You can reach me easily by emailing GamingOnLinux directly.
See more from me
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:

williamjcm Dec 19, 2023
My stats are 356 games played, 1888 achievements unlocked, 2079 sessions, 143 new games.

My top 5 most played games are Aragami 2 (~6% of total playtime), The Great Ace Attorney Collection (~5%), an adult-only game I won't mention (also ~5%), Powerwash Simulator (also ~5%), and Baldur's Gate 3 (~4%).

And to give you an idea of how much total playtime I got, I put 96 hours in BG3, and 112 hours in TGAAC, though I did leave those games running in the background a few times, so these aren't fully representative of my actual playtime.
Arehandoro Dec 19, 2023
As a surprise to no one, BG3 dominated mine
officernice Dec 19, 2023
Dota, Dota, Dota, Dota, Dota, Titanfall 2, Dota, Dota, Dota. More or less. :P
WorMzy Dec 19, 2023

Oh wow, you can see the ~5 month gap where I was replaying Zelda: BotW+DLC and then TotK on Switch almost exclusively. Haha.

8% of playtime on Steam Deck sounds about right, I mostly use mine as a VLC client for my minidlna server.
Eike Dec 19, 2023
View PC info
  • Supporter Plus
When my family was absent, I did 25% of my years playtime, in Wasteland 3.
Pengling Dec 19, 2023
View PC info
  • Supporter

Not surprising anyone, here's how mine looks.

71% of my playtime was on my Steam Deck this year (the other 29% was on a couple of other Linux boxes) - which is quite impressive because I only got it at the start of September.

Last edited by Pengling on 19 December 2023 at 12:26 pm UTC
dubigrasu Dec 19, 2023
I suppose Valve can't quite differentiate between actual M&K and a Steam Controller in a M&K profile, because I I'm listed with more than 60% games played with Mouse and Keyboard, which I don't do ever. I always use a gamepad or the SC.

Last edited by dubigrasu on 19 December 2023 at 1:26 pm UTC
Linux_Rocks Dec 19, 2023
Quoting: Pengling
Not surprising anyone, here's how mine looks.

71% of my playtime was on my Steam Deck this year (the other 29% was on a couple of other Linux boxes) - which is quite impressive because I only got it at the start of September.
You need more Shower with your Dad Simulator to go with your (awesome) Placid Plastic Duck Simulator. I mean, just look at the trailer. XD

Real talk though, it's actually really fun and now it's got multiplayer with Remote Play Together too. You match the kid with the Dad as the levels get more and more difficult. It plays sorta like Kaboom!. Just instead of catching bombs, you're matching the kid with their Dad. lol 🚿🧼🧽🛁

Last edited by Linux_Rocks on 19 December 2023 at 1:40 pm UTC
pleasereadthemanual Dec 19, 2023
69% of my playtime was Rocket League. A bit of Deep Rock Galactic. Some Journey to the Savage Planet. Multiplayer games. I still need to finish The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog...

The other games I played were from Itch, GOG, DLsite, MangaGamer, JAST, or I bought physical editions like with H2O.
I wish they would put total hours played on these instead of just percentages, but oh well!

It looks like I played 39 games total, and my top three games were:
XCOM2 - 20%
Endless Sky - 12%
Stardew Valley - 10%
I had another 5 games just below the 10% mark, so I didn't play the remaining 31 games very much!

Device split was:
Linux - 69%
Steam Deck - 31%
That's up from 22% on the Deck from last year, but I didn't get it until Q4. I was obviously using it hard the end of the year!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.