If you want to grab games from GOG on Linux and Steam Deck (or even macOS and Windows), there's some good news for you. The Heroic Games Launcher just released version 2.13 which brings with it their overhaul to GOG support.
Heroic supports Amazon, Epic Games and GOG as well as installing pretty much anything else with Wine / Proton! Especially great for Linux / Steam Deck to get all those extra games working easily.
Here's the main GOG support changes in v2.13:
- Reworked downloading module.
- Xdelta-based patching support for Windows and Mac builds.
- Automatic installation of game dependencies as long as they are provided by GOG (Windows builds).
- New implementation of install script interpreter.
- Faster way of downloading and updating Linux native games.
- Beta channels support for Windows and Mac builds (it's now possible to access Metro Exodus: Enhanced Edition).
- Support for password-protected beta channels (potentially useful for game devs who want to try out GOG build in Heroic).
- Version rollback for Windows and Mac builds.
- Ability to view changelogs on the game page.
- Ability to change game language at any point (Windows and Mac builds).
- Ability to install and uninstall DLCs at any point (Windows and Mac builds).
- REDMod integration for Cyberpunk 2077.
- Added a message on the library when no games were found due to filters applied or not logged in on any stores
- Improved the Wine settings install dialog for Windows games on Linux and macOS
- Winetricks fixes are enabled by default now
- Added Wine/Proton explanation on Wine Manager
- Several UI/UX and performance improvements
- Fix the width of the image in the Add Game dialog
- Fix calculation of appName from command parts
--skip-sdlwhen updating/repairing Epic games
- Several other small fixes