Asteroid Fight had a great idea but little to no marketing and it went unnoticed, now it's left Early Access as a full game and the developer has made it free to play. Mixing together elements of a MOBA with RTS economy building, and a whole lot of action as you level up and customize your Command Ship it's actually pretty good.
While it is a mostly online game, you can play with bots at any time with custom matches so you can enjoy it without ever seeing another player.
- Online Multiplayer: Play with your friends in a team and defeat others
- Fully persistent random loot system
- Special Abilities & Items: Earn XP for every played round and receive new unique items
- Commander Factory: Assemble your own unique commander
- Leveling: Fast leveling through a game
- Economy: Build bases on asteroids and support your team with a variety of specialized units
Since it's now free, they've introduced an in-game upgrade shop for "convenience features" which you can buy using in-game earned "COSA" and for real money, so you don't necessarily have to pay at all. Developers have to eat though, and online games have server costs. Thankfully, looking over it myself it doesn't appear to be pay to win at all. You can also just donate to buy them a coffee in-game.
Find it free to play on Steam.