Today, Paradox Interactive and Double Eleven announced that Prison Architect will be getting a free expansion on May 14 named 'Cleared for Transfer'.
It's all about to get more complicated. Cleared for Transfer will add in more layers of complexity to inmate management and allows players to assign privileges to a security sector, pushing prisoners to improve their behaviour while giving players more control over their prisons. In addition to the new gameplay features, this expansion adds more rooms and other objects players can use to customize their prisons.
"Prison Architect players have been asking for more ways to manage inmates and customize prison security," Steacy McIlwham, Product Manager for Prison Architect at Paradox Interactive, said. "The folks at Double Eleven have done an incredible job at listening to the community and incorporating player feedback into the game since we partnered with them last year. With the Cleared for Transfer expansion, we wanted to take things further and introduce features that will let even the most veteran Wardens flex their management muscles."
No trailer was mentioned although they will have a livestream on Twitch today at 8 AM PDT / 3 PM UTC. They did send over some screenshots though for now:
- Prisoner Transfers: Prisoners can now transfer between security sectors of your prison. Requirements for transfer to a lower-security sector are entirely up to you.
- Special Privileges: Privileges can be assigned based on the security sector, giving your prisoners a motivation to transfer. Prisoners in high security areas are able to see the privileges given to lower security sectors.
- Room Grading: You can now grade other rooms, such as yards, classrooms, common rooms, and a new gymnasium.
- Custom Security Sectors: Create areas with custom security sectors that can include prisoners from different security levels.
- New Actions and Enhancements: You can initiate actions like shakedowns, tunnel searches, and lockdowns by security sector.
You can get Prison Architect from Humble Store, GOG and Steam.
See more from me