As far as turn-based card battlers go, DragonEvo was quite promising when I tried it out recently and now it looks even better with a big update and a release on itch.io.
"A free-to play online card game with elements of RPG and traditional CCGs. The game is set in the DragonEvo fantasy universe, where you must choose one of the rivaling factions on the continent of Erendor. "
It's gone through something of a big quality of life update recently. With the latest release, the biggest visible change is the new battle board. They've gone from a literal board, with nothing around it to an incredibly vibrant style that actually looks pretty sweet. This is one of the two new boards available:
There's plenty of other smaller but noticeable changes too. Cards that aren't ready, for example, now have a little sleep animation as opposed to just being turned a little on their side. If you've not tried it before, now is a good time too. They overhauled the tutorial as well, to help go over some of the finer differences in how you play DragonEvo.
- Turn-based card game with elements of RPG & TCG
- A deck-building game with almost endless combinations of cards and equipment
- A rich and story-driven environment based on the original DragonEvo universe
- Play against players on all platforms, including mobile
- Various game modes: challenge friends, played ranked, practice or adventure through the single-player
Try out DragonEvo on itch.io. There's an AppImage available to play across various Linux distributions to give you a standalone copy, you no longer have to play it in the browser.