Due out sometime later this year, Crusader Kings III: Royal Court has been announced today as the first major expansion to the epic role-playing strategy game from Paradox.
Finally, an expansion fit for a king or queen or whatever. We get our very own throne, we can finally show off our might with shiny things. It's not all glory though, as always running a country (or many) has lots of demands placed upon you that you will need to deal with. Royal Court is the first major expansion for Crusader Kings III, Paradox Development Studio’s critically-acclaimed strategy role-playing game about the medieval world. Powerful rulers can establish the kind of court that inspires troubadours, decorating it with relics from family history and favouring subjects with the answers to their many problems.
- Throne Room - A visual representation of your royal court will reflect all the accumulated majesty and prestige of your dynasty.
- Hold Court - Interact with vassals and courtiers as they come to you with their problems, seeking a royal judgment.
- Grandeur - Increase the quality of life at your court with fancier trappings and better food, all the better to impress your rivals and attract higher quality guests.
- Inspired People - Talented artists, craftspeople and thinkers can work on new projects, adding treasures and artifacts to your court.
- Hybrid Cultures - Make the most of a multicultural realm, developing a new way of life that is specifically adapted to your population and geography.
- Cultural Divergence - Split from your traditional culture, adapting it into something new that better fits your aspirations.
No word on a date yet for the release. They also confirmed as usual for Paradox, that a big free upgrade for all players will be coming along with the expansion. More details will be shared on both over the next few months, as Paradox stated it's all "going to take a little bit longer".