fheroes2 is a game engine reimplementation project we highlighted recently for playing Heroes of Might & Magic II on modern systems, and they have a big new release available.
They said that in past releases, it had only basic support for The Succession Wars campaign, which they've now nicely polished up across all parts of it including the missing video scenes. On top of that, there's also now full support for The Price of Loyalty campaigns. With the new 0.9.4 release, you can play through all original 6 campaigns present in Heroes of Might & Magic II!
Here's the main highlights of what's new:
- Add The Price of Loyalty campaigns support and polish The Succession Wars campaigns
- Add extended number of days shown on cursors and 2-hex movement shadow for 2-hex monsters
- Add ability to view Hero Screen during battle
- Add an installer for Windows
- Fix many issues with object interaction logic on World Map and AI behavior
- Improved rendering performance up to 30%
- Over 100 bugs fixed since 0.9.3 release