Currently in Early Access, the awesome and brutal roguelike Jupiter Hell is getting set to leave Early Access on August 5 and they have a surprisingly great new trailer. Acting as a successor to DRL (formerly DoomRL), Jupiter Hell is a shiny and tough proper roguelike that's so slick with the movement it often feels real-time but it's not.
The new trailer (below) doesn't have a lot of gameplay in it (there's some towards the end) but we still love it. A good animated trailer always ends up suckering me in, not that I needed it considering that Jupiter Hell is just fantastic overall and thanks to the Vulkan support it runs blisteringly fast on Linux with the native build. Check it out:
When the big 1.0 release arrives there's plenty to look forward to including:
- Dante Station - The 4th and final act in the gripping story of one hero’s survival against Jupiter Hell. Final boss battle included!
- Trials Mode - a new customizable and moddable way to enjoy Jupiter Hell your way - it’s your run, your scenario, your funeral.
- Arena Mode - Defend against wave-based attacks of enemies, with quicker levelling and item acquisition between waves.
- Endless Mode - Go through fully randomized levels without episodes, branches etc, and see how deep you can get.
- Classic Mode - No story, no branching areas, no special levels, nothing to distract you from sweet, sweet ripping and tearing through demonic hordes.
- More to be revealed!
- Oh, hey, did we mention Mark Meer VO? (Commander Shepard)
Find Jupiter Hell on Humble Store, GOG and Steam.
See more from me