Paradox continues to tweak their space sci-fi strategy game Stellaris with another free upgrade coming. Update 3.2 continues the work of their newer Custodian Team. This is the team that focuses entirely on free content, with other teams working on DLC.
For the 3.2 update (that has no date yet) there's going to be new content and features, some of which was cut from the 3.1 update. While there's no date, they are aiming for around three months between free updates now.
Here's some of what to expect from it:
- Ship designer - new ship browser update coming soon. Previously an experiment that a few users saw, the idea is to get more people to pick different designs. It gives you a whole new way to switch between any ship and manipulate them so you can get a better look at them from different angles.
- Pompous purists civic - new addition to the humanoids species pack
- The Pompous Purists Civic is a civic that allows for a diplomatic play-style, but for xenophobes. The idea is based on an elven fantasy, where they are willing to negotiate with other species, but only as long as it's on their own terms.
- Anomaly variations - new options and anomalies added to several categories. One of their team went through "every single anomaly category and add new anomalies to orphaned categories".
- Terraforming Events and AI terraforming behaviour - new bonuses and greater variation of events during terraforming. So not only will terraforming be a bit more of an event the first time on each planet but the AI will now correctly terraform instead of building up a ridiculous energy storage first.
I'm currently going through a multiplayer game of Stellaris myself and the amount it has changed and improved since the original release is incredible. Paradox are really doing some fantastic work with it and it's easily in my top 5 all-time favourite strategy games.