Wave Break, originally a timed-exclusive for Stadia that released on Steam in June 2021 just had a big upgrade, which also included a new Native Linux version. Not only that, it's also Steam Deck Verified now too with this Native Linux build.
Never seen it before? Imagine skateboarding — with boats. Inspired by skateboarding classics, you will grind, grab, kickflip and shoot your way through an explosive 80s crime-filled Miami Vice themed world.
Some of the gameplay changes that came with the update include:
- Added new cosmetic items!
- Changed the menu text for "Online Lobbies" to "Custom Games" to make it more clear.
- Fix for semi transparent Park Creator previews for non stroke items on Vulkan.
- Made the first COMBO mission in the game a bit easier to complete on the initial lower stats.
- Updated internal Steamworks.NET
- The Tutorial now requests that you do some of the steps 3 times, in an effort to help people remember the controls better.
- The Tutorial now has an additional step of completing a single 1,000 point combo.
- Lowered the Campaign "Next Level" requirement from 60% to 30%.
- The initial stats on Big Pin have been upped by 2 or 3 per stat (mostly Grind and Automatic balance).
- Rescheduled all events to end at midnight PST instead of UTC.
- Events now show the final results the second the event is over, instead of the following day.
Nice to see it arrive like this, as last I spoke to the developer they were a bit dismissive of doing a Linux version at all outside of Stadia. Seems the Steam Deck has pushed more developers to do this so they can make it work as best as possible.