Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse from Revolution Software just had a big update to improve how it handles on modern systems and screen resolutions. It also works great on the Steam Deck.
For the Steam Deck specifically, the developer noted they added some detection directly for it to "natively adapt to the system once booted" that should "assure a seamless experience of enjoying Broken Sword 5 on the Steam Deck". So now you can go adventuring while taking the Deck on your travels.
Other improvements include using more modern compression for a smaller overall size of the game, better full-screen mode support with no more black screens when switching, support for more aspect ratios for less cropping and stretching issues.
- The latest game in the global smash Broken Sword series
- Solve riddles, defeat conspiracies, and survive chilling threats
- A wonderful cast of characters - all fully voiced
- Classic point-and-click gameplay
- Stunning music from world-acclaimed composer, Barrington Pheloung
This Definitive Edition also includes:
- Unlockable Character Gallery
- Full controller support
- Additional animations and sound effects
- Enhanced UI
- Tap-to-continue speech option
The developer also said they will be looking back at their other games to spruce them up a bit too.