Striving for Light is a new Native Linux release from Igniting Spark Games, one to check out for ARPG fans who love building up crazy characters.
One of the unique selling points on this one is that the skill tree is ever-expanding, allowing you to just keep on going and they say it's actually "infinite". Not just that, the visuals are certainly on the different side for such an action-RPG with them all being hand-drawn and it doesn't really look like any other I've played.
Seems to work quite well on the Steam Deck too, although the dialog text size when chatting to NPCs is a little on the small side. Apart from that it seems to run just fine and great on desktop Linux too. With it being in Early Access it's not quite finished yet, with a good few months still go for the initial year they suggested it would be there.
- Dive into a dark, mysterious world full of dangers
- Everything is hand drawn
- Explore a big variety of random generated maps
- Unique soundtracks for each environment
- Level up and utilise a unique random generated and infinite expanding skill tree
- Unlock new skills and weapons
- Endless progression system
Available to buy on Steam with a demo.