Starting off a 12 month long cycle of updates, The Long Dark: Tales from the Far Territory is the first DLC for the survival game acting as an expansion pass. That, plus a bunch of free updates too. This is the first paid DLC for the game that released in 2017, with the full story not yet complete this is largely focused on the survival game mode.
Releasing in multiple parts over the 12 months will be:
- Three new Regions: Airfield, Industrial Mine, Mountain Pass
- Three new Tales: Narrative Challenges that reveal mysteries of the Far Territory’s strange history.
- New Gameplay Systems: Electrostatic Fog, Insomnia, Handheld Shortwave, Travois, Trader, Safehouse Customization, and more!
- New Clothing and Food items, and Rare Tool variants.
- 20+ minutes of new Survival music.
- ..and much more.
Plus the free content:
- Global resource overhaul for all Gear, Harvestables, Clothing, and Wildlife spawns.
- New Gameplay Systems like: Improvised Cramp-Ons, Visor Notes, and Harvestables like Burdock and Acorns.
- Overhauls to existing systems like Fishing and Fire Starting.
- New first-person Harvesting animations.
- ...and much more.
You can check out the new trailer below: