After a successful Kickstarter back in 2020, Fraymakers is getting set to hit Early Access on January 18th. Developed by McLeodGaming, who also made Super Smash Flash 2, a very popular Smash Bros fangame.
It's going to be launching with 4 playable characters, 20 assists, 5 stages, rollback netcode and their "FrayTools" which will allow people to make extra content for the game like characters, stages and so on for mods. Naturally more will be added officially during Early Access as they plan to have a lot more of everything and they expect it to remain in development for at least two years.
They don't really have an up to date gameplay trailer, although they do have these two from a few months ago that announced certain characters appearing:
- Easy to pick up, hard to master - Fraymakers is designed to be friendly to new players and challenging and expressive for veteran players. You’re going to have a ton of fun whether you want a quick round with your friends or you’re looking to climb the leaderboards.
- Rollback Netcode - If you’ve been part of the fighting game community over the past few years, you know that rollback is the gold standard for fighting game netcode. We’ve prioritized and designed around rollback from the outset of development, meaning that Fraymakers will provide the smoothest possible online experience.
- Full Movesets - With over 80 animations per character, we've skipped nothing! Each character comes complete with every motion and attack you've come to expect from a platform fighter as well as some brand new techniques.
- Assists - Choose from a massive selection of indie characters to unleash an attack, fire a projectile, buff your character, or inflict a special status effect on your foes.
- ...And Infinite Expandability! - We designed both the game and our custom content editor to be accessible and powerful. We want the process of creating your own content to be simple and fun. Whether you're a player or a creator, this means that the possibilities are endless.
You can follow it on Steam.