Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania is shaping up to be the most exciting content expansion to Dead Cells yet and we don't have long to wait now as it's releasing March 6th. Are you as excited as I am? I might have to give the Netflix Anime a second run-through…
In the new trailer they said in the announcement you're only seeing about "5%" of what it has to offer, and they'll have 51 of the original Castlevania tracks in this DLC, with 12 reimagined by their own musician in their Dead Cells style. Anyway, check out the first proper trailer:
What the DLC will come with:
- Classic Weapons: Unlock 14 iconic weapons such as the Vampire Killer, Throwing Axe & Holy Water to decimate Dracula's bestiary of monsters and finally the dark lord himself. Each item has been translated into the fast-paced combat of Dead Cells while keeping their original essence.
- Explore Dracula's Castle: Secret rooms. Flame-lit corridors. Gloomy tombs. Beautiful paintings. Food hidden in the walls. Full of original monsters from the series, such as harpies, werewolves & haunted armors, the character of the iconic castle will transport you into the realms of gothic fantasy.
- Classic and Reimagined Music: We're giving you access to an alternative soundtrack made of 51 of the original Castlevania tunes, that can be heard across the entire game. Yes, 51! On top of this, we've taken the 12 most iconic tracks, such as Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears and Simon Belmont's Theme, and reimagined them in the style of Dead Cells as a soundtrack for this DLC, while preserving the Castlevania ambiance of course.
- A New Story: Richter Belmont and Alucard will be by your side throughout your quest to vanquish Dracula, helping you to navigate the maze of Dracula’s Castle and providing you with strong weapons (sometimes willingly, sometimes not). However, where there is good there is evil, so watch out for powerful foes who will try everything in their power to stop you from reaching the throne room.
- Three Boss Fights: Fight against the very essence of evil in two intense duels versus Death and Dracula, both set against a majestic backdrop. If you can survive these gauntlets, prepare yourself for our most ambitious boss showdown yet...
- Castlevania Outfits: Unlock 20 outfits as you progress through the castle, letting you roleplay as all your favourite characters like Alucard, Richter Belmont, Simon Belmont, Maria Renard, Trevor Belmont, Sypha Belnades or even Dracula himself.
You can buy Dead Cells from Humble Store, GOG and Steam. It has Native Linux support and it's Steam Deck Verified (and really does work great).
Additionally, they've teamed up with Scorpion Masqué to do a real board game which will head to Kickstarter later this year.
See more from me