Pavel Zinchenko's new game Event Horizon - Frontier looks like a pretty sweet mix of 2D space action, with base defence and it's releasing soon with Linux support. It's set in the same universe as the previous game, Event Horizon, which was released late last year which also has Linux support.
- Over 100 unique ships - New ships can be unlocked as you progress through the game, from small frigates to capital ships
- Fully modular ships - Change the internal layout of your ships to use different weapons, add more armor and much more
- Massive fleet battles - Rally up a fleet of ships to help you defend your space station against dozens of alien invaders
- Exploration - Scavenge ship wreckage and abandoned cargo for blueprints and scraps
- Investigate beacons - Go to beacons to help cargo ships under attack or destroy an enemy space station
- Endless upgrades - Ships can be expanded and even repainted for looks, and modules can be upgraded
It might not be much in the way of looks, with a style that's pretty simple but the actual action involved does look like it will be quite intense.
Event Horizon - Frontier is releasing on Steam on July 3rd.