Always on the lookout for something unique, Ganbare! Super Strikers [itch.io, Official Site] ticks a few boxes for being really quite a unique idea. It mixes together a tactical RPG with Football. Yes—Football, I am British and I will not say Soccer.
Winning matches will enable you to level-up players, earn new equipment and learn special abilities. There's a story mode included, where you lead a small-town team to victory. It looks pretty fun, check out the trailer:
- Level up your players, equip items, learn special abilities and much more.
- Learn Special Abilities that can inflict up to 10 Altered Statuses.
- Spectacular animations with Anime style.
- Both 7-a-side and 11-a-side game modes.
- Local Multiplayer with Quick Match, League and Tournament modes.
It's currently exclusive to itch.io through their First Access program, where limit copies are for sale (currently 23 left of this round), so the developer doesn't get swarmed with too much feedback. The game is planned to be on Steam too, sometime in "Q2" of this year.
If you give it a kick, do tell us your thoughts.