The developers behind Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure sent word in that their comedy point 'n click game is now on Kickstarter. It has a Linux demo right now, so it's good to see a project that is able to deliver on Linux even this early on.
The game is heavily inspired by Lucas Arts and Lovecraft, and I know there's a few fans of that in our followers.
They have 26 days to reach their funding goal, and they already have 11,280/39,270 CHF. Looks like they might be able to hit that!
You can grab the Linux demo here. Let us know how it runs for you. The demo is currently only 32bit, and for me it loads the Unity3D logo and then aborts, so I can't give you any impressions right now.
- Classically-inspired point and click adventure game
- Dark yet humorous – think Lovecraft meets Day Of The Tentacle
-Frame-by-frame traditional animation
- Lovingly painted 2d backgrounds inspired by Transylvanian architecture and nature
- Exploration, character and story-driven experience
- Fully voiced
- Unique item combination responses for just about everything, up to six “examine” responses
- Original soundtrack contains different musical themes for almost every screen
- Tentacles, eldritch things one should not speak of, and all kinds of insanity, both cute and evil
Personal note: I do wish they wouldn't call Windows "PC" (since Linux is on PC too), but I fear that argument will go on forever with developers.
Check out their Kickstarter here.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month: