Retro-Pixel Castles [Steam, Official Site], the excellent Early Access village building sim has been updated and it's getting a new name.
It shall soon be called Rise to Ruins. I don't really agree with it needing a name change, as I liked the original name. This new name doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.
As for updates, the game has been updated a few times recently which includes:
* Improved building, repairing, road repairing, critical repairing and dismantling, road delivery and medic AI performance.
* Added the new upgrades for the Lumber Mill, Crystillery and Stone Cuttery.
* When upgraded, the Lumber Mill, Crystillery and Stone Cuttery increase their respected worker counts, storage space and work speeds.
* Removed the 1 worker per building refining cap.
* Screenshake can now be disabled in the settings menu.
* A new Village Efficiency system has been added, several buildings will provide boosts to the entire village's work speed, either as soon as they are built, or later as you upgrade them. These bonuses do stack, up to a maximum of +90%.
* The Lumber Shack, Mining Facility and Crystal Harvestry can now all be upgraded. Each upgrade increases storage, worker limits and increases your village's harvesting speeds for their respected resources.
And absolutely tons more. The game is really coming along nicely and has a special place in my heart as it looks so damn good. It's really fun to play too, so I do highly recommend it.
If you like building a village and fighting off hordes of zombies, skeletons and slimes, then this could be the game you're after.
It's still in Early Access, so there may be bugs lurking.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month: