Star Vikings is a new casual puzzle/RPG title from the developers who gave us Chroma Squad. It actually looks pretty slick from the trailer.
It has already been greenlit, so it will be on Steam sometime this Summer.
I spent a lot of time playing Plants vs Zombies on my phone a while ago, so this looks like it could be a great time-killer.
Unique Puzzle/RPG gameplay based on teamwork and chain reactions;
- -6-8 hour Story mode packed with colorful characters and dialog;
- Equip and level up your crew of up to 5 Vikings;
- Choose between six classes with unique skills;
- Procedurally-generated puzzles for endless replayability;
- “Endgame” system with Leaderboards - compete with your friends!
- Secret levels and “funny” jokes!
- Available this Summer for Windows/OSX/Linux;
From the press release:
QuoteMinas, Brazil – May 20th, 2016 – Remember when casual games were good? Hey, wait, don’t delete the email yet! We mean it.
Star Vikings is designed for people like us who miss games like Peggle, Plants vs. Zombies and Bookworm Adventures, from a time before “free to play” and microtransactions, when quality, fun and accessibility came before “monetization”.
We wanted to make a casual game that is fun, easy to get into and that respects players' intelligence. Our goal is to turn your non-gamer grandma into a hardcore min-maxing machine by the time the credits roll!
Also, the game has a really strange and interesting development story. Why don't you ask us about it? We didn't even want to release it in the first place! It forced itself into existence! We believe it will sell under a thousand copies! Exclamation marks!
Star Vikings will be released this Summer on Windows, Mac and Linux and it's on Steam Greenlight right now because of course it is.
Yeah I realise I'm late posting it, my inbox has been busy lately...