Stellaris is set to expand once again next month, with a very interesting story-focused expansion on June 4th. With the Ancient Relics expansion, you will be able to find and dig up the ruins of ancient civilizations and try to piece together their story.
To go along with the release date news, they also now have a new feature trailer:
Features it will include:
- Said Ancient Relics: Collect valuable relics in your adventures as rewards for resolving game events or after completing a dig at a multi-stage archaeological site. Each relic gives significant benefits to your empire to aid in your interstellar escapades.
- Dig In: Hit the dirt on a variety of enigmatic and alien worlds with new archeology sites available for your empire to study… or plunder. Each site begins a story with between one and six chapters to investigate. Retrace the history to discover artifacts and relics that can be boons to your empire.
- Those Who Came Before: Encounter clues about two extinct Precursor civilizations, the Baol and the Zroni, the former a sprawling hivemind of plantoids, the latter some of the most powerful psionics to have ever lived. Players can investigate their home systems to understand who they were and, more importantly, what can be learned from their demise.
- Relic Worlds: Once home to vibrant, advanced civilizations, these Relic Worlds now lie dead, replete with desolate ruins and dormant mysteries. Players can excavate guaranteed archeological sites on these worlds and bring to light powerful relics and artifacts.
- Matter of Artifacts: Learning from history is much more than parables and antiquities, it can often be the key to understanding one’s own place in the galaxy. Utilizing archaeological research, discover Minor Artifacts, a new consumable resource type which can help empower one’s empire.
I quite like the sound of this one, adding in more to find as you explore space should make certain parts of Stellaris more interesting. The idea of digging up the juicy details on the downfall of some ancient civilization excites the space nerd inside of me, I'm pretty curious to see more of these relics too. Since I love the idea, I should be taking a look around the release.
Ps. For those that missed the announcements on our social channels, we're now affiliated with Paradox Interactive, so buying on their store using our links helps us a little. The affiliate link can be found on our Support Us page any time.