Inspired by two games I absolutely adore, Galaxy Squad takes the node-based exploration and random events from FTL and adds in some turn-based XCOM-like combat.
It just today arrived on the DRM-free store GOG, with a Linux version. Curiously, Steam only has it for Windows so GOG got it first this time around which doesn't happen often at all. The developer of Galaxy Squad was open to a Linux version when asked about it last year, so it's great to see it happen.
More about it:
Galaxy squad is turn-based tactical roguelike, in which you are leading a squad of mercenaries through randomly generated galaxy with different events.
The game combines node-based exploration with random events, similar to games like FTL or Renowned Explorers, with hardcore tactical battles, inspired by XCOM series. All your characters are randomly generated, and you can evolve them however you want, creating ultimate crew.
- Explore different planets and systems, fight huge amounts of enemies
- Upgrade your ship and use it's system in events or in battles
- Explore space stations, find quests
- Powerful story campaign system, involving your characters and branching storylines
- Upgrade your equipment with different modifications and find rare loot
Find Galaxy Squad on GOG now.