Another bit of positive crowdfunding news for you today, as Tunche, the 2D beat 'em up with procedurally generated worlds has been funded and so it's coming to Linux.
Their Kickstarter campaign managed to get $55,395 from 1,080 backers against their original goal of $35,000. With that funding secured, they managed to break through two stretch goals, which will add in "challenge events" and a "dark heroes expansion pack".
As a reminder of what it will feature:
- Choose from 4 unique characters, each with their own fighting style and skills to unlock
- Use a vast arsenal of fighting moves and magical arts to defeat your enemies.
- Go on an adventure through the beautiful hand-drawn world
- Play solo or co-op with your friends
- Face epic bosses and show them what you've got
- 4 procedurally generated worlds that make every playthrough unique
- Dig into the world of Peruvian legends and folklore
Sadly, this one did not include a playable demo for Linux but the developer did make it clear to me personally that a Linux version will definitely be released.
I shall continue to follow it along, keeping you apprised of what happens with it as they push through development of the game to release.
It does have a Steam page ready and waiting, so you can also wishlist and follow it there if that's your thing.