As expected, although not in the same day I wrote about Aspyr teasing it, the 'Australian Summer' update for Civilization VI [Steam] is now live on Linux.
So the game is now up to date along with all DLC being available for Linux gamers.
Here are some highlights from the patch:
- Start position and map generation has been tuned
- Updated ice generation to allow more for circumnavigation
- Players can now build obsolete units if they do not have access to the strategic resource required by the upgrade unit
- Tech Tree balance and adjusted prerequisites
- Updated Viking scenario to 60 turns
- Steam Workshop support
If you do pick up the 'Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack' DLC that now supports Linux, be sure to come back and tell us your thoughts.