I do love 'OpenRA' [Official Site], especially fun when we did our online Linux tournament. The new release is really great too, with it implementing more of the single-player missions from the original Command & Conquer, Red Alert and Dune 2000.
It is a truly incredible project, to keep the original Command & Conquer, Red Alert and Dune 2000 games alive. They are also working on supporting Tiberian Sun at the moment, with Red Alert 2 possible once that is completed.
Along with the more complete single-player campaigns, this release also features:
- Fixes to a lot of crashes.
- Fixes to a number of bugs that impacted game servers, such as the infamous “grey ping bug”.
- New configuration options for customizing mouse scrolling behaviour.
- New hotkeys for navigating to map edges, and bookmarking positions on the map.
- New hotkeys for controlling the music player, as well as producing five units at once.
- Improved aircraft reloading behaviour.
- And more!
It's entirely legal too, as the original games were released completely free, so they are just downloading the officially available free games for their open source engine.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month: