For those who love their shooters, Galaxy Champions TV released last week and they're planning a Linux version.
When browsing around for new games late one night, I came across this trailer which made it look quite crazy:
About the game:
Galaxy Champions TV is a super intense top-down closed arena shooter game inspired by the classic arcade game Smash TV. Get powerful weapons, kill huge amount of enemies, level up, upgrade, find out your perfect build and beat all the bosses to become the champion of the most violent TV show of all time!
It listed Linux as a platform on IndieDB, but it released on Steam without Linux support. When speaking to the developer about it on Steam, they confirmed that Linux will be supported as they are currently testing the builds. We might see it as soon as next week!
Here's an overview of what it features
- Brutal fast paced run and gun gameplay. Be fast or die!
- 20+ stackable upgrades. Choose them wisely and find out your perfect build!
- 15+ powerful weapons (5 powerful upgradable weapons).
- 3 different planets.
- 15+ varieties of enemies.
- 3 insane boss battles.
- Daily challenge (global leaderboard).
- 2 players local coop mode. Don't fight alone! Win this show with your friends!
- Arcade score chaser style game!
Definitely one to watch, once it releases we should be taking a look.