One thing Linux doesn't have enough of, is good racing games. Trailblazers [Official Site] looks unique, colourful and fun and this new trailer looks great.
I especially love seeing the little Linux "tux" icon in trailers!
- A larger-than-life cast of drivers, including humans, aliens and psychotic robots!
- Drive a selection of different high-speed hover cars, each with unique stats and performance characteristics
- Join up with your friends in local multiplayer, or take it to online matchmaking with full split-screen support!
- Play through a series of unique chapters of single player Story Mode, each with a distinct series of asymmetrical objectives to complete
- Experience a pulse-pounding licensed soundtrack featuring awesome Future Funk tracks from indie artists.
Still no release date being given, but that doesn't stop us being excited about it! It's like the Splatoon of racing games, where you paint the track to be able to go faster. One member of your team will focus on the paint, while the other will focus on sticking to your line to pick up speed and it does sound highly amusing, not to mention it looks damn good.
I would be surprised if this isn't really popular and the fact that we're getting it too is awesome.