Currently in development by UK developer jorgen games (hooray, a fellow Brit!), Truck the System is a slightly unusual racing game that's coming to Linux.
It's not a standard racing game like Dirt or Grid as you will be actually building your vehicle, possibly adding a bunch of weapons and then race or fight your way to the finish. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun! There's no full trailer yet since it's still in development but here's a few quick clips to give you an idea:
- Place-anywhere truck builder gives players freedom to build their ideal truck.
- Over 100 different parts to choose from, so every truck can be unique.
- Range of weapons from sawblades to sniper rifles, and lasers to tank cannons.
- Up to 8 player multiplayer, that’s up to 7 people you can blow up, or leave behind in your dust.
- Powerful level-editor allows players to make their own tracks, obstacle courses and game modes.
- Flexible server settings further extend the possibilities of custom game modes.
Speaking to the developer about Linux support, they said that they "couldn't make it a Windows-only after the hours of frustration I've had in the past trying to play games through Wine"—lovely!
I shall be following this along with great interest, will keep you posted on the development. You can keep an eye on it on IndieDB.