Seeking funding on Kickstarter, Tunche is a 2D beat 'em up with intense looking action and a fantastic colourful style to it. They're after $35,000 with over $8K pledged and they still have 30 days to go, so I've no doubt it will get funded considering how good it looks.
Check it out in the trailer below:
As for what it will feature, it does sound pretty good:
- Choose from 4 unique characters, each with their own fighting style and skills to unlock
- Use a vast arsenal of fighting moves and magical arts to defeat your enemies.
- Go on an adventure through the beautiful hand-drawn world
- Play solo or co-op with your friends
- Face epic bosses and show them what you've got
- 4 procedurally generated worlds that make every playthrough unique
- Dig into the world of Peruvian legends and folklore
Sadly, both the free companion game Tunche: Arena and the beta of Tunche itself only support Windows. I'm always a little conflicted when a crowdfunding campaign clearly lists Linux as a platform and leaves it out of things like this. However, I'm not blind to how much work supporting many platforms can be for a smaller team. I spoke to the developer, who plainly said they don't currently have the resources to maintain all versions before release. However, they told me very clearly that they're "definitely planning to release the full version of Tunche for Linux".
See more on Kickstarter.