Devespresso Games (The Coma) are working on a new game called Vambrace: Cold Soul, a narrative-driven fantasy adventure that will support Linux.
It's inspired by games like Darkest Dungeon, Castlevania and more it certainly looks good. I've had access to it for a while to do some pre-release Linux testing for the studio and I've been pretty impressed with it. The developer has also been very responsive to feedback and so far the Linux version seems pretty solid.
The inspiration from Darkest Dungeon is pretty clear, with the turn-based battles and graphical style of the characters as well as the atmosphere being all quite familiar. Very much its own game though, the narrative focus of it along with the town exploration is certainly very different.
- Embark on an epic fantasy-adventure spanning 7 intriguing chapters.
- Complete sub-quests to unlock up to 26 new, thematic character skins.
- Assemble your party from 5 races and 10 unique classes of recruits.
- Craft items and armor from precious materials gathered on your trips.
- Make crucial decisions where one wrong turn can seal your party's fate.
- Prepare well or condemn your comrades to permanent death.
- Find codex pages to expand upon Ethera's history and mythical lore.
I've enjoyed my time with what content is available currently and think it's going to be great when finished.
You can wishlist and follow it on Steam. The current release is scheduled for sometime in April, one to watch!