Now is a good time to take command of The Adeptus Mechanicus once again, as the big Augment Update is out with a ton of new goodies. It's also expanding with the Heretek DLC.
Firstly, the Augment Update which had a beta up for a few weeks is now live. Should give you a number of reasons to jump back in for another few turns. It includes an IronMan Mode, Difficulty Settings with lots of customization possible, a ton of polish has been done to the explorations, the UI also had some polishing work done, cleaner Fonts and a new Turkish localisation.
They also announced the Heretek expansion, which is due sometime this Summer which shall expose the "dark underbelly of the Adeptus Mechanicus faction like never before". Have a look at what to expect (click to enlarge):
- New Discipline to utilise: Unlock the Xenarite. A discipline that is specialised in using xenotech, a largely forbidden practice for those that follow the Omnissiah! Plus all new augments for you to customise the appearance of your Tech-Priest.
- 5 new missions: Experience five new missions based in the Ark Mechanicus, each with a new delivery system for narrative. The choices you make will impact the battle for that mission.
- New weapons to discover: Xeno-altered weapons open up devastating possibilities, coupled with support tech that opens up new play styles.
- Two new Troops to command: Sicarian Infiltrators and Ruststalkers are now available to unlock. Pass through Necron and Heretek limbs alike with the Transonic Blades of the Ruststalker or take the stealthy route with the Infiltrators and spring an unexpected ambush.
- New but familiar enemies to face: Face your fellow brother Tech-Priests in an internal conflict over Necron xenotech while also holding back the wakening of the Necrons.
- New mission environment: Experience combat inside an Ark Mechanicus for the first time in Warhammer 40,000 history.
Since I quite enjoyed Mechanicus, I will happy take a look at the expansion. The game has such an incredible atmosphere, happy to see more of it coming.