As expected, another Wine 3.0 release candidate is available today with RC4 bringing in more bug fixes.
Since they are currently in a code-freeze, they're focusing solely on making Wine 3.0 a solid experience so no new features are currently making their way in.
For this release, they noted 12 bugs fixed. Nothing truly eye-opening here, but here's what they noted:
- 13355 Richedit very slowly open big text files
- 16505 BBC iPlayer Desktop: .desktop file confuses comments with command line
- 26851 Zoo Tycoon 2: Marine Mania demo installer fails
- 33722 Stereo IMA ADPCM encoding in WINE produces loud static instead of sound
- 34255 WinPolis 3.x: "Buy CDs" editbox does not automatically select all
- 37336 U-blox U-Center 8.11 crashes when importing or exporting config file
- 41070 "Call of Duty 4" does not start: heap issues
- 41209 The Magic School Bus Explores the Solar System: Error message asking for the game to be reinstalled
- 43971 Wine 2.20 Bcrypt compilation fails under older linux systems while Wine 2.0.3 compiles fine
- 44142 steamwebhelper.exe crashes on wine-stagining 2.21 because NtQueryInformationFile fails
- 44161 Possible incorrect string message in "dlls/kernel32/tests/volume.c" line 263
- 44218 Black displaying of all Wine stuffs with FreeBSD
See the release announcement here. The official Wine 3.0 release is expected next month.