Wine 3.3 is a pretty exciting release for those following development and wanting to run Windows games and software on Linux.
Here's the major changes:
- Beginnings of Vulkan support.
- Direct3D multi-threaded command stream enabled by default.
- Multisample textures enabled by default.
- Support for game controllers through SDL.
- Support for loading CIL-only .Net binaries.
- Various bug fixes.
In regards to bug fixes, they specifically noted 35 bugs checked off their list. These include fixing problems with Max Payne 2, Magic The Gathering Online, The Witcher 3, The Witness, Just Cause 2 and quite a few more.
It's also great to see more gamepad work get in, it's one thing to get games working with good performance, but making sure they work as close to how they would in Windows is key to keeping users on Linux with their older Windows games.