Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
DIRT3 and F310 controller
wojtek88 May 24, 2015
Hi guys,
I've discovered that with latest wine versions DIRT 3 Complete Edition works pretty smooth with some minor graphical issues (I was unable to finish even one ride on wine 1.7.39-staging, but it seems that on 1.7.43-staging everything works very well)
Right now I try to make my Logitech F310 controller work with the game. I have tried to follow this French thread:
https://www.playonlinux.com/en/topic-13111-DIRT_3__Fonctionne_sous_Steam__IMPEC_.html
and:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/0/828938354860178892
but still both - XInputTest.exe and game itself does not recognize gamepad. Does anyone managed to make gamepad that supports XInput work with DIRT3 on wine?
I Need More Pixels May 29, 2015
If you bought a Windows game, simply run it on Windows bro. Hell, i even run some Linux games on Windows because some of them are much better optimized for it.
Liam Dawe May 29, 2015
Quoting: I Need More PixelsIf you bought a Windows game, simply run it on Windows bro. Hell, i even run some Linux games on Windows because some of them are much better optimized for it.

This is the Wine forum, please don't make such useless comments in it. This forum is here for the specific purpose of helping people with Wine.
wojtek88 Sep 1, 2015
Unfortunately my F310 gamepad got broken, so I was unable to finish the setup.
However I played DIRT Showdown and it reminded me that DIRT 3 is a game that I would love to play :)

I managed to setup DIRT 3 with Wine and my Dualshock 4 controller connected by Bluetooth on Ubuntu 15.04. I can see minor input lag, but it's totally playable.

If anyone is interested in tutorial how to do it then I can try to write it down. It turned out that configuring gamepad was not a rocket science.
I installed the game through PlayOnLinux. Wine version that I used is 1.7.43 and I had to install .Net 3.5 and .Net 4 from PlayOnLinux level and then x360ce with some configuring (I spend like 2 hours to find out which buttons should be used and trying to edit x360ce.ini and run XInputTest.exe to test if selected key is the right one).

And to be honest that was it :). Game runs very smooth, I do not have any crashes, so if someone wants to play good racing game, it seems that DIRT 3 through wine is a good option.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.