Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Current TODO/DEV LOG - Please read before asking!!
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Aug 31, 2010
Current TODO/DEV LOG - Please read before asking!!

Well now you can see what i have planned. A fair amount of it you will never see a lot of it is admin side.

QuoteADMIN HOME SCREEN
- Reported comments count DONE
---number = link to full reported list

Add link to news/item post on the "last comments" area.

VIEW ITEM
-Comments reporting (for bad comments)

ADMIN CP
-ITEMS
--Finish the "Manage Item Comments" to list items with comments and the manage section for it...near enough the same as the news one, just needs finishing.

-Item Screenshots
--Edit
--Delete (reminder: delete the shot itself + thumbnail and db entry)

USERS
-Suggest game/utility
Liam Dawe Sep 1, 2010
Re: Current TODO List - Please read before asking!!

Have added the ability for the main website to be able to show videos from other websites than youtube if needed. Haven't actually added any other sites yet though.

Now have the ability to delete news posts via the admin.

Can now edit/delete item and news comments. Also changed the way news posts are edited/deleted to match the way i do it for comments for code consistency.
Also changed adding/deleting submitted news posts to match the above - again for code consistency.
Liam Dawe Sep 5, 2010
Re: Current TODO/DEV LOG - Please read before asking!!

The homepage will now show a video for a news post if it has one, don't want to clog up the homepage too much, think it works okay though :)

Also news items titles are now also a link to the full article...just to make things easier.
Liam Dawe Sep 5, 2010

Items in the websites directory that are commercial will now list a yellow pip instead of a red pip as it's not always a bad thing...also they will now list the price too.

Hmm should probably do something with the Flash and Java pips as they are red too, despite what some people think they aren't always a bad thing either.

Have added the ability to delete items from the admin panel, also matched the way it edits items to match news posts.

Added the ability to add screenshots to existing items.
When there is more screenshots added there will be "previous" and "next" links on the javascript lytebox that shows up...nifty eh ;)
Liam Dawe Sep 11, 2010

Newish theme is up and mostly finished.

Added random item spotlight to the homepage.
Liam Dawe Oct 6, 2010

Added the list and item bbcode option when submitting news and also to the admin area - it was already in the code from ages ago just completely forgot to add a bbcode link to it.
Liam Dawe Oct 9, 2010

Added editor choice emblem to certain items - haven't added the ability to turn off/on for items via admin yet doing it via the database.

Adjusted the layout a little with header images on menus - think it looks nicer as it breaks the colours up a bit.

Added URL bbcode to admin news adding and member/guest news submitting. So you can put links in the actual news post itself as well as having them in the seperate links block.
Liam Dawe Oct 10, 2010

When someone submits a news post it should now email me, saves me checking the admin page all the time.
Liam Dawe Oct 16, 2010

Checkbox for "editors choice" in admin area.
Liam Dawe Oct 18, 2010

Commenting on items should work again - along with that i fixed my ability to delete item comments (note to self when copy and pasting code that works near enough exactly the same for something else, make sure you actual editing the strings to match the section your pasting into...)

RSS feed changed to show only titles and shows a lot more - works a lot better.
Liam Dawe Oct 20, 2010

Added a small "watermark" to screenshots to prevent other sites poaching them without asking.

The screenshot javascript lytebox no longer auto-resizes pictures as it was making them too small to be of use (and i have a 24" monitor!).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.