AMD 15.5 driver Massive improvment!
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
pete910 Jun 14, 2015
I did say yes to the upload , have tried registering to but that seems to have problems at the minute. Put a post up asking about that though.

I will give the bioshock one a go
calexil Jun 16, 2015
Has anyone built trusty packages on mint 17.1 with wine 1.7 and no issues?
amonobeax Jun 17, 2015
Good!

I'll just follow AMD progress now.

If they keep improving I guess my next GPU will be AMD powered!
pete910 Jul 8, 2015
Update:

The 15.7's have improved again!

Here's a run of Metro again

jamesc359 Jul 9, 2015
I haven't noticed any improvement with 15.7 yet, however I am playing older games - most notably Borderlands 2.

I did have one negative experience with 15.7 though. While running Unigine Tropics it locked up about 30 seconds into the benchmark.
Xeekei Jul 9, 2015
Quoting: pete910Update:

The 15.7's have improved again!

Here's a run of Metro again

Minimum is still 0 though? Minimum FPS is important. Does it freeze for a second in places?
jamesc359 Jul 9, 2015
The minimum and maximum FPS is rarely important in a benchmark. Mostly because they're often skewed as a result of the benchmark loading additional components or transitioning to another area. A black screen for example is ridiculously simple to render and probably resulted in the 500 max FPS and the 0 FPS most likely occurred during loading. They're really only helpful if you (or the benchmark) throws out the results from such areas.
Xeekei Jul 9, 2015
A proper benchmark would take stuff like that into account.
coroner_ Jul 13, 2015
Well I am not too pleased with 15.5... and its crossfire change.
Kubuntu LTS, 3 monitors, and 2 - 7870's in crossfire or at least I used to...

Before I could specify which of the 3 monitors would get crossfire support, and then when use, my other 2 monitors would remain active. Already pale in comparison to windows but workable.

Now if I try to turn on crossfire, which is now off by default, I am reduced to the selected monitor only.
No more multi-monitor support at all for linux crossfire? or just with my cards on linux?

Anyone else have this?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.