Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Wine doesn't detect the Xbox360 wired controller.
Comandante Ñoñardo Jul 18, 2015
Im experiencing with Wine on Ubuntu 14.04
I installed Alan Wake DRMFREE, the game works without audio on cinematics and the Xbox controller is not detected..

I installed the GOG edition of Darksiders on Wine 1.7.44 and it works fine (except for the cinematics) and the Xbox controller is not detected...

Even the Control Panel of Wine doesn't show the Xbox 360 controller, but Ubuntu detect it very well.

coryrj19951 Jul 18, 2015
Have you tried to install xboxdrv? That was the only way I was ever able to get my 360 controllers to work in wine. It is in the main Ubuntu repos too.
sudo apt-get install xboxdrv
All you have to do is run xboxdrv from the terminal before you start up your wine game.
Comandante Ñoñardo Jul 18, 2015
Quoting: coryrj19951Have you tried to install xboxdrv? That was the only way I was ever able to get my 360 controllers to work in wine. It is in the main Ubuntu repos too.
sudo apt-get install xboxdrv
All you have to do is run xboxdrv from the terminal before you start up your wine game.

I did it, and it throws me an error:

Controller: Microsoft Xbox 360 controller
Vendor/Product: 045e:028e
USB path: 003:002
Controller type: Xbox 360

--[Error]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USBController::UsbController(): Libusb_open() failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS
coryrj19951 Jul 19, 2015
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoI did it, and it throws me an error:

Controller: Microsoft Xbox 360 controller
Vendor/Product: 045e:028e
USB path: 003:002
Controller type: Xbox 360

--[Error]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USBController::UsbController(): Libusb_open() failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS

I forgot to mention one thing, you have to run xboxdrv as root, oops, kinda a big thing to forget, sorry :S:
But in order to run it without having to do "sudo xboxdrv" every time, I did find this on the Ubuntu website

Quoting: Ubuntu Help WebsiteYou also have to make sure that you have access rights to /dev/input/uinput, either add yourself to the appropriate group, adjust the permissions or run xboxdrv as root.
tuxisagamer Aug 26, 2015
I find it inconsistent. Some games it works (like Castle Crashers) and some it doesn't (Batman: Arkham City)
dubigrasu Aug 27, 2015
Use this and it will be detected every time: http://www.x360ce.com/default.aspx
No need for xboxdrv.
JudasIscariot Oct 21, 2015
I have had issues with the Xbox 360 controller not working properly in Way of the Samurai 4 via Wine.

What I did was download an X360CE controller configuration file (usually someone shares a working X360CE file somewhere and I believe those files are legal to share) and put that in the same directory as the game's executable along with the Xinput.dll file and everything worked out well.

Would that help?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.