Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Login annoyances
shigutso commented on 4 November 2015 at 9:09 pm UTC

liamdaweHonestly, I can't think of a good way to do stay logged in for an openid login apart from doing it automatically, but I don't know how people would feel about not being asked.
Well... many websites don't have a "remember me" option and keep you logged in... like Instagram, and... can't think of any others haha
If the Steam Login is the only one having this problem, I wouldn't mind login in with my Twitter account.

liamdawe commented on 4 November 2015 at 10:01 pm UTC

shigutso
liamdaweHonestly, I can't think of a good way to do stay logged in for an openid login apart from doing it automatically, but I don't know how people would feel about not being asked.
Well... many websites don't have a "remember me" option and keep you logged in... like Instagram, and... can't think of any others haha
If the Steam Login is the only one having this problem, I wouldn't mind login in with my Twitter account.

Probably same issue with twitter, as it's an external login.

Levi commented on 4 November 2015 at 10:22 pm UTC

Sorry about not getting on this earlier, been a bit busier this week than I expected to be.

I would say just do that, and remove said cookie if they explicitly logout (or clear their cookies of course)
These days it's expected that people just remain logged in a site until they logout.

Also, cookies for this are "essentials for site operation" so totally valid without notification under EU law if your still worried about that.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Tac Tics: „SteamWorld Heist“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts